Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Five Favorites (Vol. 3)


Here is hoping Leo continues his nap long enough for me to join Hallie et al for today's Five Favorites! I better start upping my typing speed! 

1. Visits with Family

Leo meets Uncle Joe

Leo with Uncle Jer and Nana

Leo with Grandma Y

The past weekend was filled with family! My three younger brothers and mom came up to Indiana, allowing my brother Joe to meet Leo for the first time (he was abroad for the past semester). It was (as always) awesome to spend time with them and my mom offered to watch Leo so that Ben and I could have a dinner date on his birthday - BEST. EVER! On Sunday we took off after a brunch with everyone and went to visit Ben's side of the family for a few days. I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing in-laws! The visit was over too soon but filled with fun. 
2. Chili's Chicken Crispers
If only I could eat this picture....
 The past week will not go down in history as my healthiest. For our dinner date Ben and I went to Chili's (my first time there) and I ordered their Chicken Crispers. Basically they are beer-battered chicken tenders, but that description hardly does them justice. They were incredible and my only regret is that the meal did not come with about fifty more of them! 

3. Coffee Mate : The Original
Just don't smell it!
I have been without "non-dairy" creamer for the past few days and goodness gracious me I did not realize how important it is! I almost ran to the store last night so that I would have it this morning but (foolishly) decided against it. The result? Diet Coke for my morning caffeine fix. And while I love Diet Coke (seriously), there is something positively magical about a solid cup of coffee. Thank goodness a Meijer trip is in my future today!

4. PicMonkey
Forget Photoshop
 Sooooo yeah, I just discovered this website and it helped enormously with my blog redesign (such as it is) and has been a ton of fun to use! It is very user-friendly and I love how much you can do with it. Also, it's free and that is pretty great too.

5. 10 Minute Workout

Favorite

Yes, I am once again posting about ANOTHER fitness routine that I am trying out! Ben and I have been having a difficult time finding the time (repetitive much?) and energy for kickboxing lately so I went searching for other workout options. I stumbled across this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. It doesn't incorporate cardio and could be better for arms, but overall I really like it. I'm sure this is saying more about me than the actual workout but even after stretching I was pretty sore the next day. If you have 10 minutes to spare you may want to give it a try! 

Rushed blog entry DONE! 

~ Happy Wednesday ~

3 comments:

  1. Love the new design! YES to #1- esp. when you get to go out on a date. And I don't know what I'd do without coffee creamer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to meet other coffee creamer lovers!! And I am also a fan of Pic Monkey, it´s magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Families are the best for dinner dates!
    And i loooove coffee creamer. The dry powder version or the coffee ate French vanilla creamer. Grew up seeing my grandma use everyday!

    And how come no dairy? Is baby Leo allergic to milk protein? :(

    Haven't had a chance to use picmonkey.... Can't use it on my iPad. One of these days ill use my hubs' laptop.

    ReplyDelete